Also follow Fr. Paul at his personal website - mtmonk.com

Copyright © 2011-2018 William Paul McKane. All rights reserved.

27 February 2012

The Interplay Between Faith In God And American Politics

As a political scientist who is also a Catholic priest, one of my areas of special interest is the interplay between faith in God and American politics. A parishioner of ours sent me the following link to a YouTube clip of President Ronald Reagan sharing his faith in God and some basic religious beliefs when he was President. The clip is about 4 minutes, and appears to be a compilation by the Presbyterian church of which President Reagan was a member.

If one is interested in faith and politics, I especially recommend the letters and speeches of President Abraham Lincoln. Having seen this clip, I am eager to do some research on President Reagan’s faith. If anyone knows materials by Reagan on faith and politics, please bring them to my attention.

Here is the link:

Ronald Reagan Tribute